The Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution needs ratification from just one more state to become the Law of the Land.
It is expected that ratification will happen in 2018.
Here is the entirety of the Amendment:
The Equal Rights Amendment
Section 1. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.
Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
Section 3. This amendment shall take effect two years after the date of ratification.
So what does this Amendment mean to your business/company?
- You may need to have an equal number of men and women in each position, especially upper management positions.
- You must be paying your employees the same wage for the same work/position.
- If you have any ties to the federal or state or local governments, these laws will affect your company first.
Is your company ready–or getting ready? You can bet lawyers are!
Here is a partial list of what your company must have in place within the next 2 years:
- Qualified women in leadership positions.
- Proof of pay parity.
- Elimination of harassment in the workplace.
And that’s just a beginning. More will be added as lawsuits are filed.
Want to avoid those fines and judgments? Want to get a jump on the inevitable?
That’s exactly what Katie Evans will help your company do.
The Class: Creating Women Leaders from the Inside Out will help your female employees prepare themselves to fill positions of leadership and help take your company into the future responsibly with added value to your company.
How your company will benefit from Katie’s Training Class:
- Avoid fines, penalties and judgments.
- Create a more diverse workplace, which usually results in better outcomes on every level.
- Reduce employee turnover.
- Enhance employee loyalty.
- Reduce absenteeism.
- Lessen workplace stress and conflict.
This training class may be in one day or over several days, in smaller time slots, depending on the needs of your company.
Katie Evans is an entrepreneur and has been an Equal Rights Advocate for over 40 years. She has hired hundreds of people in those years and has always stayed abreast of employment legislation. She has spent the last 30+ years helping women achieve their goals and has a unique perspective on how to help women and their employers succeed together.
For more information, please contact Katie:
Cell and text: 206-841-4876